A Wonderful Eye-Opening Bed Time Meditation Practice
Good evening to anyone who may be reading this. I’m going to post one of the meditation techniques that I use from time to time. This is one of the techniques, I use while I’m trying to fall asleep. That’s right I said it, a meditation technique that you can do as you’re trying to fall asleep. It may seem odd that you can meditate when you’re trying to fall asleep, but I’ve never been good with traditional meditative techniques. This technique is good at inducing lucid dreams (dreams in which you know you’re dreaming) as well as a good first step at inducing conscious astral projection (leaving your physical body).
There is a big misconception, that Lucid Dreaming and Projection isn’t for the average person. However, everyone has experiences like these. The issue is remembering you have indeed had these experiences. The biggest block for successfully using this technique is disbelief. If you think you can’t do it then you won’t. Have confidence in yourself and have patience, things take time. If your fall asleep and don’t remember a thing the next day, keep trying, it will happen eventually.
Well I’ve talked long enough, let’s get to the good stuff.
Bed Time Meditation Process
- Try not to stuff yourself before bed, or eat anything that will upset your stomach. If you’re focused on physical discomforts then it makes it harder to concentrate.
- Go to bed 15 to 30 minutes earlier, if you’re the type of person who is “out like a light” as soon as your head hits the pillow. The ultimate goal of this technique, is to keep you conscious as long as possible, and to “lower” you into the altered states of consciousness. If you lower yourself too fast, you will simply fall into a dreamless sleep and wont remember a thing.
- Once you’re comfortable in bed, close your eyes and visualize a light entering your body from the top of your head. Then visualize it traveling down though the different parts of your body. You can also visualize it moving back and forth though your body. Some people like to visualize other things such as landscapes, colors or other relaxing images. There is no strict guideline, the goal is to keep your from falling asleep right away. If you are fearful about trying this, tell yourself you are safe and nothing can hurt you. Do anything to make yourself feel safe, this will vary depending on your beliefs. Continue the visualization process until you start to feel yourself slipping closer to sleep.
- As you feel yourself getting closer to sleep, tell yourself over and over that you’ll remember everything happens. At the same time try to slow your rational mind even more. You may start to feel parts of your body go numb, this is normal and don’t let it scare you. You are basically inducing a type of paralysis, that your body does every night to keep you from moving in your sleep too much. It’s also known as sleep paralysis, the only difference is you are conscious of it now.
- One of two things may happen at this point. The first is you will in deed fall asleep, but you will have the most vivid dreams. AND you will know you are dreaming. If things are blurry in the dream announce in the dream ” Increase Clarity”. You will be amazed to see everything start to become more and more vivid. You don’t want to make things too vivid because it will shock your system and you will wake up. Practice manifesting things and controlling your environment, this naturally will raise your vibrational frequency and you will also become more aware in the “waking world”.
- The second thing that may happen is a little more intense, instead of falling asleep your may start to feel your body vibrating, or you may hear it buzzing sound that intensifies as you focus on it. If this happens try and remain calm, this is the beginning of projection. What is happening is you are actually starting to separate from your body. If you get scared, it will stop quickly and you will “wake up” fully and have to restart the process. Focus of the vibration, stay calm and let it come, you will begin to feel weightless like you are floating. If this happens tell yourself, I want to get out of my body over and over, you will hear a loud popping sound like a jet plane engine and you will literally leave your body. Some will appear sitting up out of their body while others will floating above it. Things will feel very different, movement is done by thought so focus on moving by thought. Direct yourself where you want to go by thinking about it.
Two Common Forms of Projection
Etheric – Were you are in your bed room, or anywhere else that you have been in the physical world.
Astral- A plane that is beautiful, everything you think of will manifest here so watch what you think about. There are cities and many beings here most of which are very helpful and loving details and colors are greatly intensified.
Projection is not easy on Earth’s dense plane it takes practice but with time you will get very good at it. I think that is good enough for tonight, I will add to the technique soon .
Note: This was a throw back article I wrote in 2012 that I’ve slightly modified for Taran Station. I was going though some of my old content and found this gem. I wrote it at a time in my life, when I was going though profound awakening experiences. Obviously, I’ve learned more about projection, especially the Astral realm since this article was written. But I thought I would still share it, after I corrected some spelling and formatting lol.
Happy Forth of July Everyone 🙂 .